I got nominated for an award! Eeesh! Thank you Chris for the nomination (I strongly recommend his blog. I intend to plaster my walls in his artwork).
When nominated, the following rules apply to the nominees:
1. Post 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator.
3. Choose 11 blogs and link them in your post. Don’t forget to let them know they’ve been nominated.
4. Create 11 questions for them to answer.
5. No tag backs! We wouldn’t want people to get double nominations. Too much work for them anyway!
Firstly 11 blogs I think you should check out:
11 Questions for the bloggers I nominated:
1. What is your favourite chocolate bar and why?
2. If you could be any historical character, who would you be?
3. If you could go back in time to witness any event, where would you go?
4. What would your dream holiday be?
5. What is your favourite song and why?
6. What did you always want to be when you grew up?
7. If someone gave you a million pounds tomorrow, what would you do with it?
8. Can you play a musical instrument?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
11. What is your favourite novel and why?
If you’re still reading at this point, 11 ‘interesting’ things about me:
1. When I was a child, in a bid to entertain my brother and I, my father started counting down from twenty five every time a new song played on the radio. The first of us to shout out the song and artist ‘won’ that amount of points. By the time I was ten we could both identify songs within two beats. By the time I was fourteen we could identify the song, artist, album, year of release and highest chart position. Whenever I hear a song on the radio my brain shouts all of this information at me out of habit.
2. A couple of years ago I got run over by a van driving on a pavement. The police had to close off the street and a lane of traffic while the paramedics worked on my legs. Even though it messed up my kneecaps, I didn’t have a single mark, scratch or bruise to show for it.
3. The last thing I said to my father and sisters was ‘I love you.’
4. I once suffered from temporary amnesia and could barely communicate or remember anything. The only thing I knew was that I would be safe with my husband. I still have a blank for that entire weekend.
5. Some years ago my best friend and I tried to get married for a laugh. Turns out you need to give so much notice for legal reasons and to make sure nobody gets married on a whim. (Who would do that?)
6. I was born and raised in Llanelli. I now live 12 miles away in nearby Swansea. This is the furthest anyone in my family has moved from Llanelli in over 150 years.
7. I want to write historical fiction novels based on the ‘Romance of the Three Kingdoms‘ . When I’m not writing I’m usually decorating cakes. Or eating them.
8. My husband and I once found a snake in our lounge. My husband is terrified of them and it hissed at him so I kicked it in the face, picked it up and threw it outside. All street cred I gained from this act was instantly lost some months later when I got chased and pecked at by a duck, which leads me nicely onto…
9. I am absolutely terrified of feathers and birds, the carriers of feathers.
10. My favourite Bible verses are Psalm 66, Job 11:13-19 and Romans 8:38-39 because of the images they present of God’s all inclusive love.
11. I ran away from home at 18, after hearing ‘It’s My Life‘ by Bon Jovi. Within 36 hours of hearing it I was in another county with a new job and a new home; I have never looked back 🙂
11 questions courtesy of my nominator:
1. If one were to make a movie about you, then who would direct it?
Roy Ward Baker! I once watched a documentary about how he directed ‘A Night to Remember’, seriously that guy was dedicated!
2. Who would play you in the film?
Ioan Gruffudd. He might not be a woman but he is the only actor I can think of who could get my accent down.
3. If one were to write a song about your entire life, then who would have to write it?
Alan Menken, the greatest Disney song writer ever. If I’m having a song written about my life, then it’s going to be a Disney song.
4. Who would sing the song?
Emile Sande, so I can sing along to it.
5. What is your favourite game, video or board, or all time?
Silent Hill 2. It was the first game that made me actually think about it after I finished it. I’m still replaying it ten years later and I’m still finding new things to think about.
6. Do you have a teacher that you will never forget? Why?
Mr. Robert Davies, or as he was affectionately known; ‘Rob Duv’. He was the greatest teacher I ever had, he was so very funny. He’d set our work and then after we’d start it he’d tell us an anecdote. Then he’d finish and wonder why none of us were doing any work. Sometimes he would get a chair and lean over someone’s shoulder repeating their surname until they told him to get lost, just for the lolz. He’s the reason I got into History.
7. What was your best Halloween costume?
I went trick or treating with my sisters as Brandon Lee from the Crow once, not many people realised that I was actually a girl.
8. In your opinion, why do people read your blog?
I like to think because they’re actually interested in learning more about the History that they read about in fiction.
9. What is your favourite colour?
I love vibrant colours, if I had to pick one it would be bright red but to be honest I just love colour.
10. Is getting a university degree necessary?
I have two degrees and I work in a donut shop for less than 12 hours a week. The terrible British economic climate aside, yes I think it is. Not so much for the education but for the learning experiences.
11. What is one piece of advice that every person in the world should know?
If your life isn’t going where you want it, and it isn’t going to change anytime soon, change it. Get out. Don’t be afraid to run. It is never easy but you have to do things for yourself sometimes to be happy in the long run.